For over 30 years, Dr. Matta has been refining his art of cosmetic injectables. It is because of his reputation that he is involved with many Physician Training Sessions for such companies as Galderma, Clarion, Merz and Allergan and is called upon to inject senior industry personnel.
Dr. Matta and Dr. Alam provide training on ultrasound guided facial injections. As well, Dr. Matta provides Injectable training.
Ultrasound Guided Facial Mapping and Injection
Dr. Matta and Dr. Alam who is an anesthesiologist at Sunnybrook Hospital and has a hyperbaric oxygen centre in Mississauga have created a training program for doctors and nurses to understanding implementing ultrasound visualization for vascular mapping and guided injection of fillers.
The objectives of the course include:
1. Understanding the benefits of ultrasound in facial injections
2. Review of facial anatomy and danger zones
3. How to interpret facial anatomy under ultrasound
4. Learn how to use ultrasound devices and features.
5. Learn how to map facial arteries.
6. Learn how to visualize needles, cannulas, and different fillers under ultrasound.
7. Practice injecting under ultrasound guidance.
8. Provide safer injections for your patients and avoid intravascular injections.
Dr. Matta provides two different injection training programs
Introductory training for Botulinum Toxin injections for glabella, crow’s feet and frontalis. Only on-label indications will be taught.
- Introductory training for injecting fillers for cheeks, nasolabial folds and marionette lines with Hyaluronic Acid. Techniques such as linear threading, depot, serial puncture and basic ferning will be discussed. Temples will not be covered.
- Advanced Botulinum Cosmetic training for all other off-label areas; Botox for axillary hyperhidrosis and migraine
- Advanced Filler training for volume, Dr. Matta meso-technique, lower face contouring, temporalis, advanced fern and tenting.
You can bring family or friends to train on, that way you will be able to inject under supervision and follow up to see how the results turned out.
Included in the program, each participant will receive the following:
- Articles to read prior to the training day, instructional video on injection technique for Botox. Also included will be all relevant forms to start a cosmetic practise such as sample consent forms and guidelines for dosing Botox. You will receive a Flash Drive with digital copies of all the material covered as well as other journal articles to review at your leisure.
- You will learn how to turn a general medical practise into a successful cosmetic practise in which you are comfortable to inject immediately after training.
- You will learn about facial anatomy, and how to assess the face for filler and Botox and how to avoid and treat complications.
- Introductory practice management skills and how to build a cosmetic business.